- July 2nd, 2012
The German version is finally released!
- June 30th, 2010
All versions are available to download.
- May 25th, 2010
Ordered copies are sent.
- April 30th, 2010
Ordering is over.
- March 15th, 2010
Ordering for all versions is opened !
- November, 2009
Orion Prime is reviewed in Pix'n'Love 9.
- October 28th, 2009
French version available to download.
- September 16th, 2009
All orders will be shipped.
- June 28th, 2009
Orion Prime preview in Pix'n'Love issue 8.
- May 30th, 2009 (8 pm)
Game is previewed at Amstrad Expo 2009.
- April 14th, 2009
Orion Prime Teaser is released.
- April 20th, 2005
The first line of Z80 assembly is written :)
- Any Amstrad CPC (or compatible).
- 128Kb RAM.
- Disc Drive (Amstrad DDI compatible):
- 3" drive (40 tracks/single sided)
- 3.5" drive (80 tracks/double sided)
Engine failure... A hyperspace voyage that ends in an asteroid field... Forced to eject, you wander aimlessly in space, until you detect a signal from the Orion Prime.
However, you quickly realise that this gigantic vessel is no longer the jewel of the scientific research fleet that it once was, as you discover that the crew has been decimated by a strange illness...
You must escape as quickly as possible, but to do this, you will have to explore the Orion Prime, understand what has happened on board the vessel, and perhaps even confront it...
About the game
Orion Prime is an adventure game made for the 8-bit computer Amstrad CPC. It is freely available to download, whether you use the the real hardware, or an emulator.
The game is available in 3" and 3.5" discs. We strongly advise the use of the latter, for these reasons :
- The 3" version needs 2 double-sided discs.
- The 3.5" version only needs one double-sided disc. The side switching is automatic, so you won't bother with it while playing. Also, thanks to the higher capacity of the disc, the game has an enhanced ending.
The game is now available freely on the net. However, it was also once sold as a real packaged version, which contained goodies that you will not find in the downlodable version. It included an audio midi-CD with samples of surveillance recordings and a very special and cryptic negative. Don't ask us to release them, we won't. They were a special gift to those who bought the packaged version.
- This game takes advantage of the ESX sound system (Enhanced Speaker eXperience), it is thus advised to listen to the real speaker sound (frequency and mono mixing optimisation).
- The graphics are designed for the CPC color monitor, its color balance, contrast, pitch, and sharpness.
- The game requires 128k of memory (DKTronik compatible) and a 3" or 3.5 drive.
- The game will run on any Amstrad CPC : 464, 472, 664 and 6128. However, it can also be played on Amstrad Plus or some emulators, with lesser performance.